Real estate buyers and holidaymakers from all over the world choose Turkey. In other words, many people are wondering, ‘Can Foreigners buy property in Turkey?’
Turkey is a great place to buy a home for almost any nationality. Before 2012, people from over 40 countries couldn’t buy property. Today, only five countries are prohibited from buying properties in Turkey after the 2012 amendments made by the Turkish government. These countries are Syria, North Korea, South Cyprus, Armenia, and Cuba.
Property buyers worldwide are trying to find out if there are restrictions on buying properties in Turkey. Is it possible for a foreigner to buy a home there? The answer is yes. Turkish real estate is available to almost all nationalities. The only countries that can’t buy houses in Turkey are Syria, North Korea, South Cyprus, Armenia, and Cuba.
We get calls from different countries every day since we’re Turkey’s top real estate company. The phone callers ask, “Can we buy property in Turkey?” They can buy property in Turkey if they aren’t citizens of the five countries listed above. Besides, Turkey does not even seek the reciprocity principle for foreign property sales. Therefore, you can buy property in Turkey even if Turkish citizens can’t buy property in your country.
Who can buy property in Turkey?
Investors from around the world are interested in the Turkish property market. Turkey is becoming a popular holiday destination, but many people are becoming investors, and many people are moving to this beautiful country for a better living.
Turkey has several land offices where title deed conveyances are handled when people buy real estate. In contrast to some European countries, title deeds cannot be registered at a notary public office in Turkey. The documents required for title deed conveyance in Turkey include;
- Appraisal report prepared by CMB Licensed Real Estate Appraisal Companies within the last 3 months,
- Passport or identity document of both the purchaser and the seller.
- The title deed of the property;
- Compulsory earthquake insurance;
- Document depicting the value of the real estate declared by the municipality pertinent to the property,
- The seller and buyers must take photos within the last six months,
- Sworn translator for non-Turkish-speaking parties,
- You might need a Power of Attorney if you’re dealing with a proxy.
Check out our article on buying a property in Turkey for more details.
Can foreigners buy property in Turkey?
- Despite some people searching the internet for answers like “Can I buy property in Turkey?” or “Can a foreigner buy property in Turkey?’, many people have already bought the property in Turkey. Moreover, some of these buyers purchased more than one real estate in Turkey because of the great features of the country and the great returns.
- With the Turkish citizenship by investment program, Turkey also attracts a lot of investors. Foreigners who buy at least 250.000 USD worth of Property in Turkey can get Turkish citizenship. Turkish citizenship stands out among similar programs globally as it is a quick and easy process.
- Iranians are the top buyers of real estate in Turkey. 459 Iranians bought houses in Turkey in January. Iran had 385 homes, Iraq had 260, the Russian Federation had 260, Afghanistan had 168, and Yemen had 88.
- More than 45.000 foreigners bought the property in Turkey in 2019, up 15% from last year. Foreigners like buying real estate in Istanbul the most, followed by Antalya and Ankara.
- Where can a foreigner buy properties in Turkey? Foreigners can buy real estate in all cities except for military zones in Turkey. Read more; Home Buying in Turkey.
- Our company is Turkey’s leading real estate company, so we have properties for sale, including apartments, villas, commercial properties.
- Get in touch today for more information or to arrange a viewing.
Check out some of our properties on our website
- Q: Can you purchase property in Turkey?
- Sure you can. Everyone can buy property in Turkey except for Syria, North Korea, South Cyprus, Armenia, and Cuba.
- Q: Can we buy property in Turkey?
- The answer is yes. Turkish real estate is also a popular destination in the international market since it’s a good and profitable investment.
- Q: Can I buy a house in Turkey?
- Of course. Aside from that, buying real estate in Turkey is easier than in many other countries. Check out properties for sale in Turkey.
- Q: Can foreigners buy property in Turkey?
- Of course, they can. Foreign sales represent a significant part of total real estate sales in Turkey.
- There are a lot of foreign buyers for Turkish properties because Turkey is such a great country.
- Q:Where can I buy property in Turkey?
- You can buy properties in Turkey if you’re not a citizen of Syria, North Korea, South Cyprus, Armenia, or Cuba.