- Investing in real estate will increase the cost from $250,000 to $400,000, and you must agree not to sell for three years to qualify.
- On April 12, 2022, the Cabinet discussed the new Turkish Citizenship requirements. A minimum value for real estate is increased to $400,000 or an equivalent amount of foreign currency in the meeting.
- In 2017, the scheme cost $1,000,000 for applicants, but it was reduced in 2018 to $250,000, making it one of the world’s most affordable citizenship programs.
- By purchasing real estate, more than 7,000 foreigners gained Turkish Citizenship between 2017 and 2020. The new minimum requirement comes from soaring sales to foreign buyers.
- The property market in Turkey has experienced an increase in sales in 2021 and 2022 as the depreciation of the Turkish Lira has made real estate more affordable and more attractive to foreign buyers.
- The Turkish government has also implemented a low-interest rate policy to encourage investment, exports, and credit. Therefore, the Central Bank has lowered its benchmark policy rate by 500 percentage points to 14% since September 2021.
How to obtain New Turkish Citizenship by investment?
- Investing in Turkish real estate with a total value of at least $400.000 will get you a new Turkish citizenship. You can invest in one or more properties if you meet the minimum. People usually buy multiple properties with guaranteed rental income as Property Anatolia presents you with the best options to maximize your investment while having an easy exit strategy when the time comes to sell your property.
- One important thing is the valuation has to be done by a certified company, and the cash has to be brought into Turkey by customs or bank account in the last six months before the application. Another thing to keep in mind is the seller has to be Turkish, and the payment must be made by bank transfer.
Are there other ways of getting Turkish Citizenship?
- Foreigners can also become Turkish Citizens if they invested at least $500,000, hired 50 people, deposited at least $500,000 in Turkish Banks, bought at least $500,000 of government debt, or invested at least $500,000 in venture capital. With the new minimum requirement for real estate, buying a house is still the cheapest way to get a new Turkish Citizenship. Turkish Citizens who want to become citizens by investing in the property must now buy a home worth at least $400,000 and not sell it for three years.
Pre-Approved Turkish Citizenship Projects;
- This unique project sits directly on the shore of the Istanbul Sea, with a coastline of 1.200 meters long. Many marine activities can be done on the pier of this project, including walking, running, and cycling. And you can take in the stunning marine life with your family.
- Each apartment in the project gives you a unique sea view from its continuous terraces with wooden floors decorated with green gardens to make your most beautiful moments more memorable.
- The complex offers an indoor car park, a swimming pool, Turkish bath, a kid’s pool, a sauna, steam room, a gym, a game room, a basketball court, a tennis court, kids’ playgrounds, walking paths, sitting areas, a lift, central heating, 24/7 security, and cameras.
- Compared to other coastal neighborhoods in Istanbul, Buyukcekmece offers great sea views and low prices.
- In addition to being close to major roads, the Buyukcekmece district is located near important areas in Istanbul, like Beylikduzu and Bahcesehir.
Choosing the appropriate property to purchase would be the first step. We’ll search based on your criteria and make sure to source the best choice for you.
Call us today, and we will help you secure your new Turkish Citizenship before the changes are implemented!